Peter Hildenhagen successfully completed his studies of Communications Engineering at the Gerhard Mercator University in Duisburg in 1995 with the degree "Dipl-Ing (TU)". From 1993 to 1996 he worked for "Jansen Microwave GmbH". From 1996 to 2014 he was an employee of IMST GmbH, most recently in the position of head of system integration.
He was responsible for the technical and business success of many RF projects, many of which included antennas as well as microcontrollers with appropriate programming. In the past, he has worked as a project manager on MMIC design, GSM RF front-end development for Siemens mobile phones, various types of sensor and measurement electronics, development of RF power amplifiers for Hitachi / Renesas (series production in millions of units)
Matthias Rittweger started studying Electrical Engineering at the University of Duisburg-Essen at the end of his apprenticeship at Philips. In 1992 he completed his doctorate with distinction as a doctoral engineer for the dissertation "Simulation of transient electrodynamic propagation phenomena for the analysis of the transmission properties of systems in micro- and millimeter wave technology". His work created essential basics for the EM simulation program Empire XCcell.
He started his professional career at IMST GmbH, where he was responsible for circuit design and as an authorized signatory for more than 15 years for up to 60 engineers. Matthias Rittweger is author and co-author of more than 80 publications and senior member of the IEEE. His work has had a significant impact on many successful projects in microwave technology, radio frequency electronics, radar technology and space technology.
Michael Engels (Project management)
Michael Engels completed his studies in Electrical Engineering in 1992 at the Gerhard Mercator University Duisburg with the title "Dipl-Ing (TU)". His subsequent doctoral thesis was carried out at the RWTH Aachen and he received the title "Dr.-Ing." in 1997.
From 1997 to 2014, he worked at IMST GmbH mainly as technical project manager.
Following are, among others, his key competences:
- Project Management
- System design of complex communication systems including radio channel, RF part, digital signal processing and software
- High-frequency and microwave circuit design (hybrid and integrated)
- EM Modelling
- EMC-compliant circuit design
- Development of a mobile data transceiver (including RF, digital circuit, software and housing) for a meteorburst communication system.
- Development of the RF part for an Inmarsat multimedia satellite communication terminal.
- RF system design of a 24GHz FMCW radar.
- Development of the RF part for four generations of a mobile phone (Siemens)
- Design of a multi-standard mobile radio transceiver IC.
- Development of several generations of RF power amplifiers for mobile phones.
- Development of active oscilloscope probes up to 4GHz.
- Study on current probes for oscilloscopes.
- Development of a very low power, battery operated surveillance camera with a 2.4GHz frequency hopping radio part.
- Measurement of WLAN routers
- Development and production of delay lines for stochastic cooling in particle accelerators
- Development of a microwave measurement system in the range of 4-14GHz for precise determination of material parameters.
- Development of a 5.8GHz handset for a toll system.
Michael Eube successfully completed his studies in Physics at the RWTH Aachen University in 1991 as a graduate physicist.
From 1992 to 1998, he worked as an RF engineer for the SICAN Group in Hannover. The main tasks during this time included the design and development of proprietary RF circuits for the ISM frequency bands as well as the electromagnetic characterization (measurements and 3D EM simulation) of IC packages in various designs.
From 1998 to 2014 Michael Eube worked for IMST GmbH. Here he mainly developed RF circuits for professional radio frequency devices, e.g. mobile phones, automotive electronics and proprietary RF measurement systems.
He was also involved in research projects for ultra-wideband applications and the development of control electronics for intelligent antennas.
Thomas Podrebersek (Production und assembly technology)
Thomas Podrebersek studied Electrical Engineering at the Gerhard Mercator University in Duisburg, where he received his degree in 1994.
From 1995 to 2014, Mr. Podrebersek worked as an RF circuit designer in the group "RF Circuits and System Integration" of IMST GmbH.
His main focus is in the area of measurement technology as well as RF PCB layout and manufacturing.
His most important projects at IMST GmbH include
- Design of a DECT frontend
- Layout of the RF part of Siemens mobile phones
- Design and layout of active oscilloscope probes
Thomas Bolz (Antenna technology)
Thomas Bolz graduated with the title "Dipl.-Ing." in Electrical Engineering at Gerhard Mercator University in Duisburg in 1998.
From 1998 to 2003, he was a research assistant at the Institute for High Frequency Technology at the Gerhard Mercator University Duisburg. During this time he researched on the electromagnetic interaction between resonant modes and microwave integrated circuits in metal packages and received his academic degree "Dr.-Ing." in 2009.
From 2003 to 2014, Dr. Bolz worked as research engineer for IMST GmbH in Kamp-Lintfort, where he performed numerical simulations on human safety in electromagnetic fields and developed RF front-end circuits and antennas, especially for RFID systems.
Benno Jacobs (Project management)
In 1990 Benno Jacobs sucessfully completed his studies in Electrical Engineering at the Gerhard Mercator University in Duisburg als “Dipl-Ing (TU)”.
From 1990 to 1992, he worked as a development engineer for wireless sensor technology at ArguMens GmbH in Duisburg.
When IMST GmbH first started its business activities in January 1993, Benno Jacobs was one of the first employees of the company and initially worked as a research and development engineer in the department "Mobile Radio Circuits".
In 1997 he took over the management of the new group "Digital Technology and Signal Processing".
In the almost 25 years of his career, Mr. Jacobs has gained a lot of experience in the following areas:
- Project management
- Digital circuit design (discrete logic and programmable logic)
- Analog and power supply circuit technology
- Multilayer PCB design (digital, analog, RF, power supply, EMC compliant design)
- Software development for embedded systems (e.g. 6502, 8051, 680x0, PIC16Cxx, MSP430, ARM Cortex-M)
- Development of PC applications
- Troubleshooting in customers' circuits, layout consulting
Following are some of his main projects as a development engineer:
- Design of a wireless, passive (battery-free) identification and telemetry system
- Prototype development of a DECT HF module
- Design and development of a VSAT demodulator card for PCs
- Troubleshooting/redesign of an RF power amplifier for a 460MHz radio remote control system
- System design of a TETRA prototype system
- Design of a universal radio data transmission system
As project manager, Benno Jacobs was responsible for the following main projects, in which he also contributed largely to the development process:
- System design for a UMTS demonstrator
- Design and development of the base station of a meteor burst communication system
- Chip verification of a multistandard radio device
- Development of a radio system for invasive blood pressure measurement and real-time patient monitoring
- Development of a two-band radio module (f < 1GHz) as a function and form factor compatible replacement for a discontinued predecessor module
- Development of a miniature radio module (f< 1GHz)
Frank Pannes completed his studies in Electrical Engineering at the RWTH Aachen University in 2016 as M.Sc. RWTH.
Bachelor thesis: "Design and implementation of an LDO for power supply of low-noise receiver structures" at IAS RWTH Aachen University,
Master thesis: "Evaluation of a Full Duplex transceiver system with a dual TX path cancellation technique" at HFE RWTH Aachen
His areas of expertise include:
- Analog IC design
- VHDL /FPGA
- System design
- HF Synthesizer
- Music: bass player, songwriter
- PC Gaming: EVE Online, Dota, Action RPGs